Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Apoc Project: January updates.



So January has come to an end and what have I done in the mean time? Well I've almost completed 5 vehicles! I think that's a pretty decent rate for me. These are all works in progress.

You'll notice that the individual pics are a different colour to the first this is due to my "fantastic" photography skills. The colours are closer to the original picture than the individual pics.

So here's the first it's my Craftworld Wave Serpent.



Having painted my other Serpents in aspect specific colours I feel wrong putting warlocks or guardians in one of them as they clearly don't belong there. In my apoc game this serpent shall be carrying my Seer council to the front besides the Aspect Assault Wave. I still need to complete the turret and the twin linked shuriken catapults. Also the base.

Next up is the Night Spinner.



I've only used this in one game so far and was happy enough with how it went. I'll be using it to slow down my opponents troop movements when he tries to reinforce his flank. Assembly went together pretty well it was the first time I had worked with the new fire prism/spinner kit and I think it went together better than the older falcon/serpent kits. Maybe it's just all in my head? I'm going to redo some of the vines, need to paint the shuriken catapults, the base and the canopies.

The next vehicle along is the Warp Hunter.



The stats for this vehicle look amazing! It'll be flying close by to my Cobra and blowing apart my opponents centre. Its D-Cannon also bypasses void shields much like the Cobras does which I thought was a nice addition should my opponent finish his titan in time for our game.
I tried to magnetize the cannon but made a mess sawing one of the joints and the cannon was all crooked so I levelled it out with greenstuff. I need to paint some vines, the canopy, the Biel Tan rune, the shuriken cannon and the base still.

Up next we have a falcon I got second hand off a friend.



It was in horrible condition when I got it so I'm really happy with how it's coming along. You'll notice it has smaller antenna than other falcons, this is because when I got it they had snapped off and all I could find in my bits box were smaller ones. No biggy. Once again, runes, vines, shuriken cannon and base need painting.

Finally is one of my Hornets



This was so simple to put together I think it came in 5 pieces total. My hornets however probably required the most amount of work cleaning and preparing them there was lots of excess to file down and I need to re-sculpt some of the back bits. I'll be running both hornets with 2 pulsars and holo-fields. They come out quite expensive but they have BS4 and 4 shots at str8 48" range. For what armour I do face outside of AV14 these guys should be able to do a number on.

That's it for now, coming up later I'll have WIP pics of my Scorpion and I'll be talking about my plans and formations for the battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment