Friday, December 21, 2012

Imperial Fists!

For some time now I've wanted to start an Imperial Fists army. Last time I proxied my army as Space Marines I didn't really enjoy it all that much however I really wanted to paint an Imperial Fist.
At first I was having a terrible time painting yellow on him but after thinning my paints it started to come good.
I read a few ideas on how to paint them online. One involved a chestnut ink wash. Well I made a mess of this! Next time I'll carefully ink the crevices near the end instead of the heavy wash I tried earlier on.
I kept the left shoulder pad off so that I could freehand the Imperial Fist symbol upon it, which I think turned out pretty good after only a couple of tries. I suspect people might use transfers instead of free handing it.
Somehow I made a mess of the bolter. Probably the easiest thing on him to paint and I think it looks shit.
The tactical marking on the right shoulder pad still needs a few more layers on it. I'm thinking if I do start an Imperial Fist army that I'll put Roman numerals inside the white arrow to indicate squad numbers.
I've also got to decide what kind of base would help make the yellow pop. I keep thinking an ash wasteland but that is a bit boring. Perhaps some ruins.
Overall I'm pretty happy with how he's turned out so far. Still needs some work on him. If I do start a Fist's army it'll just be a 1000pt force to play at Twin Linked or other double/small events. Depending what new aspects come out when the Eldar book gets updated I might paint some in a similar manner.









No comments:

Post a Comment