Friday, December 21, 2012

Gosford Shield prac 3

This was actually the first practice game I played in anticipation for GS. For whatever stupid reason I've posted the batreps in reverse order. Anyway this battle was against Tau and resulted in a humiliating defeat. Even in 5th edition I had a lot of problems against Tau using my wych cult and 6th didn't help that at all.
My opponents list was something like this:
Suit commander flamer, plasma, missile pods (Warlord trait outflank) body guard x 2. Same load out except one has the self destruct ability.
Fire warriors (2 squads)
Kroot
Broadsides x 3, blacksun filter, multitracker
Railhead
sniper teams (2 I believe)
I believe the mission was Vanguard Strike with The Emperor's Will as the mission. I don't recall what drugs I rolled.
Tau: Deployment
My opponent forgot he could deep strike his HQ so instead they are outflanking.



Dark Eldar: Deployment I hide in the corner trying to be out of range as I believe it was Night fighting turn 1.


Tau: Turn 1 Most guns are out of range/unable to see. However some shooting stuns and immobilises a Ravager. Dark Eldar: Turn 1 Another pretty uneventful turn I just moved up. Tau: Turn 2 My opponents HQ turns up right behind my lines.


And easily blow the raider with my Warlord up.


Further shooting blows up a ravager.


The shooting doesn't end there...


I think these girls end up pinned.


So the table looks like this at the end of Tau turn 2. I don't think I passed a single jink save. Also this game made me realise how badly I miss night shields.

Dark Eldar: Turn 2 Dark lance fire misses, pistols do nothing and many wyches die to overwatch.


I think the blood brides were also pinned so I charged my last embarked squad into the fire warriors. I was originally hoping to charge the sniper team but I wasn't too keen on the terrain roll.


Tau: Turn 3 Oddly enough the Tau's shooting isn't too effective this round. The squad that killed the fire warriors ends up going to group which saves a couple of them.
Dark Eldar: Turn 3 I concede at the end of turn 3 after my succubi and her wych squad lose combat to the suit team. I don't think I even put a single wound into them.


This game sucked! I don't believe I made a single jink save or if I did there wasn't many. I failed the majority of leadership tests I was required to make aaaand lost combat to Tau! Sad!

1 comment:

  1. Thаnκ yοu fοг some οthеr еxcellent article.
    Whеre elѕe could anybodу get thаt kind of іnfο
    іn such a pеrfесt means of ωrіtіng?
    Ι hаve a ρreѕentаtion subѕequеnt week,
    and I'm at the look for such information.

    Feel free to surf to my web page ... legal amphetamines substitutes

    ReplyDelete