Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Gosford Shield prac 2

Continuing to catch up on events I have another battle report against the Iron Warriors. This time using my wych cult You'll notice throughout the battle Dire Avengers on the field. I used these guys to represent my pain tokens as I seem to have misplaced my bag of skulls.
On to the battle!

My army list - don't remember specifics
Succubus, venom blade, Agoniser (Legendary Fighter)
Succubus, venom blade, Agoniser
Bloodbrides x 10, Razorflail x 3, Syren w/ Agoniser - Raider
Wyches x 9, hekatrix, Agoniser, haywire grenades - Raider
Wyches x 9, hekatrix, Agoniser, haywire grenades - Raider
Wyches x 10, hekatrix, Agoniser, haywire grenades - Raider
Ravager
Ravager
Ravager

My opponents list
Lysander (don't recall warlord trait)
Master of the forge, conversion beamer
Dreadnought
Sternguard x 8, drop pod
Tactical marines x 10, Rhino
Tactical marines x 10, Rhino

Mission: The Scouring
Deployment: Pitched Battle
I think we had Night Fighting turn one.
Drug roll: Pain Token

Dark Eldar: Deployment
I hide my raiders and ravagers as best I could in case my opponent stole the initiative.








Iron Warriors: Deployment
My opponent divides his forces in two. Rhino w/ marines in one corner with the Master of the Forge. In the other corner the other rhino and the dreadnought. Lysander and sternguard are in their drop pod.


Dark Eldar: Turn 1
Not much happens this round I just move out getting ready for turn 2


Iron Warriors: Turn 1
Lysander drops down close to MotF then moves out to fire. I may have had night shields or some such as I don't recall Lysander and friends doing anything.


Dark Eldar: Turn 2
On my left flank I move into position to take out the rhino with mass dark lances.




On my right flank I position myself and fire lances into the sternguard in hopes of killing the flamer guys before assaulting with my HQ (Warlord), her unit, and the Bloodbrides. I issue a challenge with my hekatrix hoping to neuter Lysander however a brave sergeant steps up to take her on.


Combat goes reasonably well and I win combat killing several sternguard.


Iron Warriors: Turn 2
I don't think much happens in this turn. Looks like the sternguard all died off however.


Dark Eldar: Turn 3
Lysander continues to fight bravely on his own. Massed lance fire takes out the dreadnought. I barely make it into assault as I clipped the terrain.


Iron Warriors: Turn 3
My wyches led by their second succubi defeat the tactical marines, whilst Lysander wins combat but remains tarpitted by two fearless wyches.


Dark Eldar: Turn 4
I shuffle around my vehicles with my succubi jumping into a raider. I do recall the MotF making a stupid amount of cover saves against my lances. He did die in the end however.




Iron Warriors: Turn 4
Lysander remains in combat with a fearless wych.
Dark Eldar: Turn 5
My succubi disembarks from her raider and charges into Lysander landing several poisoned attacks from her venom blade which eventually takes the old boy out.


My opponent concedes. Thinking back I seem to recall destroying the rhino that was behind the building where the MotF was. So at the top of 5 there was only a single tactical squad remaining to my 2 wych squads camping on objectives. I also secured Line Breaker, First Blood, Warlord compared to my opponent only claiming Warlord.
Tomorrow night Ill post up the final Gosford Shied practice game (it was actually the first game I played) against Tau.

No comments:

Post a Comment