Monday, February 22, 2010

New plan - Repaint all my wave serpents.


Ok so now I should be asleep but I have an amazing plan and need to write it down before I can sleep. I need an airbrush (and learn to be decent with it) then repaint all my wave serpents. Currently they are metalic green on top and metalic white/pearl underneath and its nowhere near as nice as it sounds and Im rather disappointed in them.

Now I can fix all this in one swift blow, air brushing! Do this for each individual squad for example the Dire Avengers wave serpents will be black undernearth and starting at the front working my way back bright blue to dark blue and on the fins at the front work in a strong wavey pattern receeding back up to the main hull and from there blend as normal. This shouldnt be too hard with a template. Just hope I can seperate the top of the hull from the bottom on all my serpents (and eventually falcons and fire prisms). This does cause a problem with the canopies though do I want to just spray them the same colour as the rest of the serpent, paint them all a uniform colour or try and keep them clear somehow?

Im really liking this idea granted it will mean Ill have 3-4 different coloured grav tanks on the field buuut its not like any of my aspect warriors have any theme that ties them together in the first place so I might as well continue with the bright colours (another option is do them in really bright fluro colours but I think this might just annoy me after the first 30 seconds). Also with the tanks being their respective colours it'll help people be able to identify them instead of having me point to each of the small rune transfers I put on the side. This could be a double edged sword as people will be able to identify my troops easier but I want a nice looking army and atm my grav tanks look like a joke.

With black being a dominant colour Ill be able to spray the weapons black and add a few little gem details and call it a day, oh how I hate painting weapons and gemstones!

No comments:

Post a Comment