Monday, March 4, 2013

Then and now...

Ive found out fairly recently that a friend of mine has started to list the number of models he's painted this year. I am far too lazy to keep such meticulous records. So instead I thought I would start a trend on my blog called "Then and now" showing a photo of my Eldar army from Feb 2012 and then taking a photo of the army each year around the same time to get an idea of how much I've done and what additions have been included in to the force. For the purposes of this I'm going to count any model that needs touching up, repainting, or basing as being "unpainted". So lets start off with then back in 5/1/12



Infantry painted: 114/160 + 0/2 guardian weapon platforms
Jetbikes painted: 5/15
Skimmers painted: 15/18
Monstrous Creatures painted: 1/2
Super heavy tanks 0/2

That's not too bad actually I'm quite happy with this.

It was at this time in the first half of last year that I was rushing to paint as much as I could for my apocalypse game. This following photo was taken in June 2012.



Infantry painted: 134/176 + 2/3 guardian weapon platforms
Jetbikes painted: 6/15 (should note that most of the guardian jetbikes are table top quality Im just not finished with them yet)
Skimmers painted: 18/18
Monstrous Creatures painted: 2/2
Super heavy tanks painted: 2/2
Flyers painted: 1/1


In the span of four months my army expanded somewhat and I feel I got a decent amount of painting done.

Earlier this week I took another photo of my force with my newest addition a lynx from Forge World!



Infantry painted: 163/179 + 3/3 guardian weapon platforms
Jetbikes painted: 6/15 (should note that most of the guardian jetbikes are table top quality Im just not finished with them yet)
Skimmers painted: 18/18
Monstrous Creatures painted: 2/2
Super heavy tanks painted: 2/3
Flyers painted: 1/1


Getting so very close now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment