Saturday, October 23, 2010

Generic Elves Project: Part 1 Ideas

So for months I've been contemplating jumping in the deep end and starting a fantasy army, writing up army lists and having a couple of proxy battles to see what I like. Recently another friend had been talking about playing Lord of the Rings which got me thinking about making a generic army for WHFB, LotR and Mantics new/upcoming game Kings of War. So thinking along these lines I've decided to free myself of the shackles of Games Workshop and make a generic Elven army using various ranges from different companies to make something unique. So here's the ideas I've got at the moment, I'll start with Fantasy and models I'm thinking of to fill a HE army and then go onto an Elven Kingdoms LotR army and finish up with Kings of War.

Noble/Prince/Special Character: Various Reaper minis.

Mage: Various Reaper minis.

Archers: Mantic Elven Bowmen

Spear men: Mantic Elven Spearmen

Sea-Guard: Possibly Galadhrim Warriors from GWs LotR range.

Sword Masters: Mantic Palace Guard

Phoenix Guard: Gamezone Dark Elf Lancers

White Lions: ???

Silver Helms/Dragon Princes/ Ellyrian Reavers: GW Dragon Princes

Shadow Warriors: Various Reaper Minis, Lothlórien Elf Bowmen (GW LotR)

Lion/Tironic Chariots: GWs HE chariots.

Repeater Bolt Thrower: Gamezone Bolt Thrower or GW HE RBT

Great Eagle: GW Great Eagle

Dragons: GW HE Dragon (can't beat plastic!)


Lord of the Rings

Characters: Various Reaper Minis

Galadhrim/High Elf Archer Regiments: Mantic Elven Bowmen

Galadhrim/High Elf Regiment: Gamezone Dark Elf Lancers? Galadhrim Warriors

Wood Elf Warband/Mirk Wood Sentinels: Various Reaper Minis, Lothlórien Elf Bowmen (GW LotR)

Galadhrim Knights: Dragon princes

High Elf Cohort/Riven Guard: Mantic Spear Elves

Kings of War:

As half my models will be KoW products I imagine it'll be simple transition :)

No comments:

Post a Comment